At Aumnio Technologies, we are committed to respecting your privacy.
What information does Aumnio Technologies collect?
Information you provide us.
When a medical professional sets up or edits their profile, we ask for his or her name and clinical interests.
Information we may automatically collect.
When you visit our websites, some information is automatically collected and stored in log files. For example, when you visit our websites your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality. For more information about this practice please refer to "How are 'cookies' and 'web beacons' used on our website?"
2. Information we receive from third parties.
We may also collect additional information about you from third parties, including the AMA to assist us in providing you with services. For example, if you are a physician, we compare the name, medical school and graduation information you provide with the AMA database to help verify the accuracy of our subscriber database.
- operate and improve our services;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- better understand you so that we may tailor messaging and services based on your interests, preferences, needs and specialties;
- communicate with you via email, mobile alerts and other messaging services about commercial, non-commercial, sponsored and non-sponsored clinical information, FDA and product safety alerts, new drugs and pharmaceutical studies; by accepting the terms of this policy, you are opting in to receiving these communications from Aumnio Technologies, Inc.;
- send you information via email about products and services offered by Aumnio Technologies, Inc., affiliates, and our selected partners; by accepting the terms of this policy, you are opting in to receiving these emails from Aumnio Technologies (if you do not wish to receive these kinds of emails, you may choose to opt out by updating your profile.
- link or combine your information with other personal information we collect through our Services, or get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- for our own marketing, promotional, and informational purposes, including sharing with contracted third parties to assist with our own marketing efforts (all contracted third parties must agree not to use your personal information other than to fulfill their responsibilities to us.
Aumnio may store and process information in the United States and other countries. We will retain your information as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at [email protected] . We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
3. How does Aumnio Technologies, Inc. protect your information?
We take appropriate measures to protect the information that we receive about you from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. If you have any questions about security, you can contact us at [email protected]
4. Will Aumnio Technologies, Inc. share the information it collects with others?
Aumnio may share aggregated or identifiable information such as statistics about our customers, sales, product usage or traffic patterns, and related website information. This information will not include any information directly identifying you. We display profile information we collect about or from medical professionals to anyone who uses our services.
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- with third party vendors, consultants, agents, and other service providers with whom we contract to help us provide our services. For example, we may work with companies to host and maintain our data and website properties, analyze our data. All contracted third parties must agree not to use your personal information other than to fulfill their responsibilities to us;
- to provide our commercial clients with your identifiable information when you engage with such clients' promotional content through our Service and information about the type of engagement (e.g., whether you viewed, interacted with or requested information about such promotional content). We will not provide clients with your personal contact information such as email or postal address. We will only share your identifiable information with clients who have agreed to use such information solely for their internal purposes;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding involving sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company, we will post a notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
5. How are "tracking technologies" used on our Site?
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts are used by Aumnio Technologies, Inc. and our marketing partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Website to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests.
6. Is this privacy statement subject to change?
Sources of Content
In addition, we publish content from government agencies such as the FDA. Aumnio and its affiliates eviews the content provided through the Services on a regular basis to ensure that we continue to provide content that is accurate, current, unbiased, relevant and essential to our members at the point of care. Content provided through our Services is updated as necessary.